Feasibility of major refurbishment and extension of prominent regional arts centre in North Wales.
Bristow Consulting were appointed to deliver cost management services from Feasibility up to Stage 3 for the major refurbishment and extension project at Theatr Clwyd.
Key tasks undertaken consisted of the following;
- Detailed feasibility study to determine total funding required for the project.
- The RIBA Stage 1 cost plan analysed key metrics and benchmarking to inform key aspects of the brief (MEP, Theatre Technical and Performance infrastructure and equipment).
- Detailed preliminaries, site logistical analysis and sequencing review was undertaken to programme works whilst the building-maintained function and operations.
- Oversee procurement of Contractor from Stage 2 via framework.
- Cost Monitoring role undertaken during RIBA Stage 2 and 3 to validate the contractors cost plan during design development, including in-depth review of preliminaries.
- Undertake light market testing to inform our validation cost plans.
- Propose alternative cost options for the extension proposals.Early budget costing of site wide infrastructure and utilities provisions to ensure these costs were brought into focus and not forgotten.